Saturday, December 06, 2008

A first for all of us!


I feel a whole lot older tonight. I now add chauffeur for a "date" to my long job description. tonight, Derek went to his first dance at the middle school. He took a sweet little girl from the neighborhood. He looked so grown up going up to her door, giving her a cute little wrist corsage, and opening all the doors for her. They attended the school Christmas dance, and then I picked them up and took them to a hamburger place across town to "hang out" some more with a bunch of friends. He seemed to enjoy his evening. He reminded me tonight that he will have his driver's permit in a year and a half. Oy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Jackie!!!! OH MY! Adorable! I am in shock yet your "little" boy is growing up!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Kristie said...

Oh my goodness!
I know how you feel.
Be thankful that he let you participate in the date. Mine is now trying to convince me that we should "drop" them off somewhere.

2:40 AM  
Blogger chris ann dykstra said...

i love your blog! what a great why to follow your adorable family (growing up sooo fast!) i hope you look at lindsey's! i know you 2 would hit it right off. wish we were closer!

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home