Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Driving to Sporting Events is a Full-time Job!



If I got paid for my taxi services, I'd be a millionaire!!! :) This fall we have divided much of our time between football and soccer. Daniel has enjoyed playing mid-fielder in soccer this season. Soccer is a very fun, social time for him. Their team is made up of first and second graders. They travel around to surrounding schools for their games. Their team has done well, and even when they don't, Daniel still enjoys running through the tunnel the spectators make at the end of the games to give high fives! Snacks at the end of the game are always a highlight, too!

Derek is playing his second year in pee wee football. He plays tight end. He enjoys the game greatly, especially when they throw the ball his direction! He has made several NICE catches! His team is undefeated to date. They have 2 more regular season games and then the championships. His team practices every night Monday through Thursday. We've hit BIG TIME!

When the girls start sports, I think I am in trouble. This taxi has had a few times when it didn't know how to get everyone where they needed to be at the same time! I never believed people that raising children gets harder as they get older. I thought that older meant independence! Well, I forgot how involved older kids get in things. So many places to be! So many activities! Potty training and spoon feeding doesn't seem so hard anymore!:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home